Total Pageviews

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Boy With No Name


  This post is all about me. Having said that, I'll be starting with a mention of a person who isn't even remotely related to me. His name is Jim Carrey. Yes ,the one from 'The Mask'. I know most of us have watched it 'lost the count' number of times when we were at school. The reason why I'm mentioning him is that, this guy has something to do with the title of this post. We all know Clint Eastwood right?, the man who made movies so real that it made us all feel as if his movies were inspired by our lives (every single time!). Well I'm quoting Jim Carrey's theory about Clint Eastwood movies here.

"We see that the boy who got bullied at school grows up  one day to be 'ass kicked' by the 'man with no name ', and the reason why I think he had no name was may be because we could fill in our own "

I'm not here, comparing Clint Eastwood with me. Hell No!! But there is something in those lines I could borrow to describe the purpose of my blog. But then, I'll  have to take you all back in time.

This is my Third blog and it all started in 2011. My first blog was all soft, mostly wrote on adrenaline and the 'rookie' instinct of a fresher college kid. I think I named the blog just right too. I named it as the French dialect for 'jubilation'. In fact the phrase and my 'real name formed a humble 'Alliteration'. I don’t want to brag about it much but I'll put it this way " Back then ,most of the contents of my blog were rather soft and touchy. Yes, touchy like it sticks. And if you are a kid who never grew up I would say, my contents were like your favorite chocolate u forgot to keep in refrigerator. And if you are a kid who never wanted to grow up , I l expand it for u , it’s like  the melted chocolate that you loved licking out of your fingers. It was untidy , but yet it tasted good, didn't they?.". Then the following year I came up with much more magical title.  May be reason was , that a person I knew told me that there was a bit of magic in the words I formed. So I assumed my blog name and the self-declared "alter ego" in the fond memory of wizards. Let me be honest with you here. I'm much more of an illusionist than a wizard and I'll tell you why. They say wizards are people who actually does things which an illusionist pretends to. I also know that my strength is not the depth or the talent. It's more like I can ,to a very small extend at least, create illusions of words. For example, I could talk about a simple silly thing and scribble the words around in a variable combinations and make it appear attractive and interesting, stealing your attention as if I am talking about the hot girl you always wanted to go out with. I guess you can call me that I'm an artist of Deceit. I know it's a skill that most of you people don’t give a damn about. I'm grateful to God and proud though. It isn't exactly something people love to sing about but, it's sort of what they say "it's a talent, you either got it or you don’t". I don’t think it's something that people can achieve  on practice or hard work , its rather something that comes out of your crazy little mind with a ferocity of avalanche, all the way to your fingertips when you hold your pen.  Despite it all I chose wizard and that’s  something I still can't explain. And accidently, 'word and wizard ' seemed to alliterate as well. 2012 was one hell of an year. A lot of things changed, some for better, some bitter and other few I'm not still quite sure of. But , one thing I'm sure of is that, I turned twenty that year. And , as I gave the 'Twenty One guns' salute to my 'fallen' teenage, a sort of revelation struck. I was horrified at the fact that I'm finally twenty. The number 20 beside my age column almost gave me a nervous breakdown. The first thing I did was removing a song from my playlist. The song was called "Waving Flag". You might have heard it if u were in to football. Well the problem with the song was that its lyric was contradictory to my present state of affairs. The song said "when I get older, I will be stronger" and the whole world loved it and so did I(Although, I believe that the original version of the song was more intense than the celebration mix he created for the world cup).But when I turned 20, it was like the equation didn't add up. I was like I am already grown up, And If I had to be strong it was now. It is true, isn't it? . So I tried to flex my muscles and brought some changes to the things I blogged about. I tried to bring in the "best of both worlds " in my own way. Like heaven and earth, man and god, hate and love, sarcasm and innocence, revenge and sacrifice, love and hate. Well, my blog wasn't as grand as it might sound to you people right now, but then I told you, I am good at creating illusions . Haven't I ?

Now, there is one thing common about my two blogs. I never revealed my name. I'll try and tell you the reason by the time I'm done with this post. I've dragged you along too far with the past. Now it's time to talk about the present. Even this blog is based on something I learned. All our life, as long as our memory could travel back in time, there's only one thing that is common to all of us. Beneath our skin, behind that carefree mask we wore there was one thing that we all longed to become. In the furthest corner of your heart ,there was little kid who kept saying " one day I'll grow up to be something I'll be proud of". And I'm damn sure  that every single time, even when our life came crashing down like a house of cards, there was that one dream you never let go. So, that's what this blog is all about. It's about that kid deep in my heart I never let go. It’s the voice in my head I chose to ignore. Now, this is my little dream brought to life in 'black and white'. But I know if you put your head through this post , you'll agree that this is no better than an autobiography of a self-obsessed fancy kid. I'm here to prove that if you are still reading this line, it shows that sometimes we all look beyond the flaws and appreciate reading the silly matters of our daily life. We might not have the guts to scream out loud but I know we all sometimes feel that even in our unsung normal lives, we often play out roles amazing than in the movies, we are sometimes a hero on daily basis, we survived tragedies others couldn’t have imagine, we know love beyond the love songs, we know to smile while we cry and we know our life has stories worthy  to be read. That’s what I want to write about. I want to write about things you could relate to. The things you nod your head to, even without taking a walk in my shoes. Because I know that what we all seek is not a grand idea or rocket science mysteries, sometimes all we want is a routine incident described with humor, a straight tale made interesting or simple story told with all its heart. And that’s all I scribble about.


May be I'll have to stop now. I guess I made my point. And if u still ask me why my earlier blogs had no name?. It was may be because you could fill in your own.

1 comment:

  1. d illusionist... an artist of deceit... self obsessed... wateva u call uaself ju... i love yu fir writin ds piece... u neva fail to amuse wd d descriptions... woww... n yea no rocket science... just d day today stuff wd d ryt amount of wit... u know how to play d cards here... ds s ua thin!!! im so bloody impressed buddy...

    ReplyDelete